Match.com was first launched all the way back in 1995 and has become the longest-lasting online dating site in the United States. Outside of the US, the service has built up a reputation around the world for being a trustworthy platform singles looking for love can rely on. Match.com has facilitated the most first dates, relationships, and marriages than any other dating website ever. Users can sign up for the service – or download the Match.com app – for free to begin their journey to find that special someone. Match as a guarantee that you will find a compatible date within the first six months of signing up, or you will get your next six months free. Connect with users anywhere you want knowing that you’ve got Match.com on your side.
Match.com features a step-by-step registration process that should take up to 30 minutes to finish. You will be asked for your gender, the gender you are interested in meeting, the age range of people you want to date, and your ZIP Code. You’ll also need to provide your email address, choose a password, and enter your date of birth to create a free account. From there, you move on to the Match.com questionnaire.
This begins with a five-screen questionnaire in which you enter basic information on the kind of people you want to meet. The first being focuses on looks, including hair and eye color and height. Then you choose your preferred background including education, religion, and ethnicity. Finally, there are more intimate details such as their current relationship status, if they have/want kids, smoking habits, and the like.
Part two of the registration process focuses more on you. There are eight screens filled with questions that let you fill out your profile and show people more about you. You’ll be asked questions similar to the ones asked about what you want from a match, as well as optional questions for more detail; including the option to go into more details on where you live and your religious practices. The other questions include things such as your favorite movies, hobbies, places to hang out, and the last book you read (which has proven to be one of the most tried and true questions in Match.com’s history).
- Detailed questionnaire that takes around half an hour to complete
- Ability to sign up through social media – such as Facebook – for faster account creation
- Detailed profiles with information on interests and basic information
- Members will receive 7 matches a day based on compatibility
- Paid members are able to see their kikes, views, ratings, winks, and messages
- Reverse Match offers users a list of people looking for someone similar to them
- The Mutual Match option shows mutually compatible dating profiles
- The Discover section lets you find users by their age, distance, interests, lifestyle, looks, etc.
- One-Hour Boost Sessions (which cost $2.49 for 10) triple your visibility on the website
- Match Events provide singles with real-world opportunities to find and meet new people through events like bowling, happy hours, and wine tasting
- Users who aren’t able to find their special someone within six months will receive a further six months of membership free of charge
- MatchPhone provides users with a secret, custom number they can use to contact each other
- Missed Connections allows for users to connect with people they have crossed paths with
- A large and diverse userbase spread across 25 countries
- High quality matches based on individual match preferences
- Several different search tools to find singles
- Lots of free ways to show an interest in other users including liking, winking, and favoriting
- Six-month guarantee you’ll find someone special or receive another six month membership for free
- Match has started more relationships, first dates, and marriages than any other online dating site
- Regular Match Events where users can meet people in real life to take things offline
- Great Match Customer Care Team ready and waiting to answer your questions through live chat and email across the week
- Need a paid subscription to see who viewed your profile
- Can take time to search through members, matches, and features
- Can’t see if another member is a paid member or not, meaning that you could be messaging someone who couldn’t return the message
- Have to be a paid member to access privacy mode
|Duration||Price per Month||Total price|
It’s understandable you would be hesitant to put your information out there on the internet. Rest assured your privacy and safety are the top concern of the Match.com team. They work hard to ensure their users have a safe and enjoyable experience. They provide a range of great safety tips, advice about meeting other users in real life, and red flag behaviors to watch out for such as someone trying to get money or personal information out of you.
One great safety feature of Match.com is the ability to remove your profile from the “member Spotlight”. This is a feature that lets people are partner sites and marketing initiatives – such as Facebook – see your profile. It would mean that you have more chances of getting noticed, but it also means having people you don’t know be able to see your profile. Member Spotlight is enabled by default, so be aware of that. It’s not something we enjoy, but at least it is easily disabled if you want to. You can also block any members you want to prevent them from seeing your profile and can report concerns about specific members to the support team.
Match.com offers anyone looking for love the tools they need. This online dating service has spent the past two decades perfecting their tools and algorithms to provide people with the best possible results. With Match.com’s useful features, professional layout, simple navigation, and inspiration stories, it’s not hard to understand how the service continues to thrive and stand the test of time. We expect this site will continue to deliver high quality matches to users for the foreseeable future. If you’re looking for love, then Match.com is a great place to start your journey.